Sr Prin Eng, E&E EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 186184BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/23/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
The Communications & Airspace Management Systems Directorate (CAMS) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Intelligence and Space to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
The Microwave Group is located in Marlborough, MA and is part of the Communications Products Department. This Section designs RF and Microwave electronic hardware such as frequency references, fixed and agile frequency synthesizers, upcoverters/exciters, downconverters/receivers, low noise amplifiers, and solid state power amplifiers for satellite communication and RADAR systems. Efforts include developing circuits using microstrip/stripline and performing circuit simulations and validation of design models using the Keysight Advance Design System (ADS) and Computer Simulation Technology (CST) at frequencies up to 50 GHz. Our designs satisfy rigorous requirements of Navy, Army, and Air Force programs. The Section also performs technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including a high level of simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working independently or in small groups. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive. The bulk of the RF & Microwave simulation work is performed using Keysight ADS so the applicant should be fluent with this tool.
This is a requisition for a RF/Microwave designer, not a task lead, IPT lead, or system level designer. The candidate must be able to develop the requirement specification then develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test SSAs and various types of SSA associated RF/Microwave circuit levels / board level designs up to 45 GHz with first pass success.
• Minimum of 10 years of hands on experience in simulating microwave circuits (including component & PWB parasitics) using Keysight ADS
• Able to design, simulate, breadboard, and test MMIC amplifier chips with an emphasis on Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology.
• Able to design, simulate, and test both lumped element and microstrip filters up to 30 GHz using Keysight ADS as a simulation tool
• Experience with the following RF/Microwave building blocks: Amplifier, Analog-To-Digital Converter (A/D), Attenuator, Digital-To-Analog Converter (D/A), Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS), Directional Coupler, Frequency Mixer, Lowpass/Bandpass/Highpass Filter, Oscillator, Power Divider, RF Switch, Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO), Voltage Reference, Voltage Variable Attenuator
• Understanding of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
• Experience using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, RF Power Meter, Oscilloscope
• Fluent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task.
• Must demonstrate ability to deliver quality & timely results
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors of Science (BS) or Bachelors of Engineering (BE) degree with an emphasis on RF & Microwave design from an accredited university and a minimum of 8 years working experience in the same field.
- Masters of Science (MS) or Masters of Engineering (ME) degree with an emphasis on RF & Microwave design from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years working experience in the same field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.