Real-Time Software Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 175592BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
Software Products Engineering (SPE) team consists of over 2200 software engineers with a central focus on real-time software development, integration, testing, and validation activities for RMD’s core capabilities. Mission Areas within Raytheon Technologies RMD business include Advance Technology, Land Warfare and Air Defense, Naval Power, Air Power, and Strategic Missile Defense.This is how we do our part in keeping our war fighters safe.
- Master of Science or Master of Arts degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering; or
- Master of Science or Master of Arts degree in a related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics) with experience with C, C++, or Java
- Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- College coursework covering modern software languages (such as C, C++, or Java)
- 1 year or more of calculus, physics and computer science studies that include assembly level programming
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of systems software design, operating systems and architectures
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in Massachusetts. Living in Massachusetts means you’ll have easy access to the ocean and locations of historical significance. You can enjoy varied outdoor activities ranging from hiking and camping to cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Massachusetts is recognized as one of the best states to call “home.”
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.***175592
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.