Product Line Obsolescence & DMSMS LeadBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 175356BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
As aProduct Line Obsolescence & DMSMS Leadyou’re a member of a team providing leadership and expertise in varied disciplines including but not limited to logistics, training, technical documentation, reliability engineering, human systems integration, sustainment and safety engineering. The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading tasks in a subset of a discipline.
We have an immediate need for a Product Line Obsolescence & DMSMS Leadbased in our Marlborough facility.In this highly visible role, you’ll be responsible for working with multiple levels of Program leadership and Engineering in developing, building consensus for and implementing strategies around build limitations and risks.
Your primary responsibilities will involve:
- Driving creation and management of obsolescence mitigation strategies
- Interfacing with and influencing a broad number of functional groups including:
- Design Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Program Leadership.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or a Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- At a Grade G09, 4+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job
- At a Grade G10, 6+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job
- Experience with program or project tasks, for example, managing cost and schedule or associated reporting.
- US citizenship is required
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Component experience
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Experience with ‘data mining’ solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- Qualified 6Sigma specialist
- Background in component engineering, including guiding component selection.
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
- Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
- Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various IDS CBTs and IBTs. Working knowledge of, or experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics.
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Systems Engineer II / Principal Systems Engineer
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.