Principal System Assurance EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 187115BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/28/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
Principal System Assurance Engineer
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is seeking a Principal System Assurance Engineer at our Marlborough, MA location.
The effective professional will have experience in System Engineering and Quality disciplines to implement and manage a System Assurance program and specific customer mission assurance flow-down requirements. System Assurance is responsible for assuring products meet their specified requirements, are consistent, complete, and correct as warranted for the system and operational environment, and satisfy program, product line, business, customer, and mission needs. System Assurance reaches beyond process compliance, complements System Engineering, and enables mission assurance by proactively identifying and addressing areas where the adequacy of program plans, requirements, analyses, risk mitigation plans, certification/verification/validation/qualification approaches and process/product noncompliance have the potential to impact overall mission success. System Assurance Engineers leverage and interface with all other functions across Mission Assurance and Engineering.
This position will be to provide System Assurance support on Communications & Airspace Management Systems (CAMS) - Protected Communication Systems (PCS) programs. Engagements will concentrate on reviewing/approving and assessing risk on Engineering work products and will span all phases of the programs.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide an autonomous view of mission requirements and confirm the voice of the customer is embedded in system requirements and properly decomposed down to component level
- Autonomously verify the integrity of design analyses and test plans to catch design defects early
- Review and approve the Engineering program documentation, including specifications, requirements, drawings, test plans/procedures, instructions and standard operating processes prior to release for correctness to technical standards
- Assure requirements and designs are poised for producibility, testability, reusability, reliability, safety, and maintainability
- Contribute to program milestone reviews, Independent Reviews (IRs) and peer reviews
- Verify the integrity of the integration, verification, and validation planning, integration and test environments, and hardware/software configurations under test
- Assure program implementation of AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning activities
- Assure failures are reported in a timely manner, containment actions are taken, true root causes are identified, and corrective/preventative actions are implemented
- Assure comprehensive hand-offs between Internal Research & Development efforts and receiving program(s)
- Provide an integrated perspective of program technical risk that considers criticality, system safety, reliability, test evaluation criteria, and adverse trends, and assure consistent results whether RI&S or a Supplier performs work.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- 8 years of Quality and/or Engineering experience; design and system level
- Detailed knowledge of System Engineering, Reliability, and System Safety practices
- Direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle
- A working knowledge of Quality Management Systems IS09001 and AS9100, and implementation of internal and contractual quality requirements
- Experience in Risk & Opportunity Management, assessment, mitigation and capture
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Active U.S. DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience with Aerospace Standard AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Ability to lead with impact
- Experience with cross-functional teams
- Experience with managing, interpreting, and assuring customer needs
- Ability to prioritize workload in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
- Six Sigma Certification
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer.
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.