Principal Mechanical EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 172444BR Date posted 12/03/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
The Raytheon Intelligence & Space Communications & Airspace Management Systems (CAMS) Protected Communications Systems Hardware Department is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer in our Marlborough, MA location. The Protected Communications Systems Hardware Department leads the mechanical and electrical hardware design, documentation,
development and production of DoD and Government Communications Systems.
The successful candidate will perform conceptual and detailed Mechanical design, analysis, and documentation of hardware and
systems under minimal supervision while collaborating and interfacing with other mechanical engineers, designers, structural /
thermal analysts, engineers from other disciplines as well as with line and program management and customers. Duties will regularly include, (but are not limited to):
- Lead and own the design, documentation, and implementation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design.
- Solve complex technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity while applying sound technical judgement.
- Conduct thermal and structural analysis utilizing hand calculations and industry standard tools.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external peer reviews.
- Provide support to testing, subcontractors, and the factory.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and conduct activities to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's processes.
- Executing as part of, or leading/managing, a small team during product development, drawing generation, drawing release, and drawing change incorporation.
- Actively work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Customers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
- Provide supervision and leadership to junior engineers.
- Manage to cost and schedule requirements of assigned tasks.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least 8+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis, or manufacturing.
- At least 5+ years of experience designing and developing military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
- At least 5+ years of experience conducting thermal analysis of military electronics, including circuit card assemblies.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling and drawing, (PTC CREO) and experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex design problems.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact productively with other team members across various disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively, (written, verbal, and presentation).
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience in design and development of multi-layer digital and RF Circuit Card Assemblies (conduction and convection cooled).
- Experience in a product data management environment (PTC Windchill).
- Experience with Raytheon policies and processes.
- Experience in Task Management or other Lead roles.
- Experience performing structural analysis on circuit card assemblies and chassis assemblies using ANSYS.
- Able to identify and communicate technical issues and risks that may impact cost, schedule, or other aspects of product design.
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system.
- Active DoD Security Clearance.
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.