Principal Electrical Engr - COTS Hardware InfrastructureBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 156639BR Date posted 02/11/2020 City MA State Marlborough Country MA
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has an exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer with a strong COTS computing and networking background to join our Hardware and Infrastructure team implementing the next generation RADAR solutions.
Typical responsibilities include:
- COTS hardware infrastructure system design (e.g. X86-based processors); research and selection of servers, workstations, add-in interface cards, storage devices, networking, and other COTS hardware components from a variety of manufacturers
- System prototyping and integration in the lab to validate system engineering and initial deployment models
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members’ performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees’ interests with current needs of the project teams.
- 8+ years of experience in the following:
- Applied practice and knowledge of emerging and legacy hardware and software, including Unix and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure through a rigorous design and documentation process
- Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete COTS-based hardware design and then verifying the design via integration and test plans and activities
- Experience working in a lab environment and operating standard test equipment including oscilloscopes, processor bus analyzers, emulators, network data capture tools, etc.
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating in development with hardware engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, on-site installation and trades, and Customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Experience with RADAR systems
- Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
- Existing security clearance
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.