Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Marlbrough, MABusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 186311BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. As innovation leader specializing in defense, security, and civil markets you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. Our employees come from different backgrounds.
Our Cybersecurity Team is presently seeking an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to join the team in Marlborough, MA, with some traveling involved to customer sites. We offer competitive benefits and capped relocation support is available.
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is seeking an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) The ISSM provides support to classified computing environments for RMD and Government Customer sites. You will be responsible for compliance oversight, assessment, and operations of systems under their purview. They may be assigned to a single large-scale program or oversee multiple programs. ISSM’s conduct recurring Cybersecurity reviews on information systems in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Special Access Program (SAP) Security Manuals, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD-503), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Defense Counter-Intelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), associated National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), customer directives and company policies as applicable.
ISSM’s serve as subject matter experts (SME) on a broad range of Cybersecurity topics in support of program milestones and objectives. You will engage directly with cognizant security agency SCA/ISSP on Cybersecurity requirements and approvals. You may represent the Cybersecurity organization and business unit to external Cybersecurity counterparts. You are responsible for providing guidance and technical training to ISSOs across the organization
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Reviewing and approving (within authority) configuration management requests
- Conducting technical (e.g., wireless/cellular scans) and administrative assessments per system SCTM & RMD Continuous Monitoring Plan Integrating new Cybersecurity processes, procedures and tools into existing Programs as directed by Cybersecurity Leadership
- Providing quality control for Cybersecurity documentation (i.e., SSP, SCTM, CONOPs, Test Plans) prior to being submitted to ISSM and/or Customer
- Assists the Cybersecurity Manager and the Cybersecurity Training Team with conducting technical training and administrative processes
- Serves as a backup ISSO in the event an ISSO is not available
- Support ISSOs and Cybersecurity Managers in the creation, review and update of SSPs, SCTMs, CCIs, RALs, POAMs, and other technical writing
- Create and deliver training for system security education and awareness
Support and deliver data call collections and metrics
- Oversee ISSO’s to ensure implementation of policies and procedures as outlined within the SSP
- Field questions and act as the SME for the Information Systems.
- You will assist in investigating information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions.
- You would also routinely interface with your facility security team, program personnel and government representatives.
- All these job responsibilities will be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies - RMD Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy, which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others
Important note: Within six months of hire date, you must obtain and maintain a Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP, CISM, or other), if you do not already have this certification.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems Management, Management Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business, Math, or other degrees will be considered plus 5 years of cybersecurity and/or systems security experience. In lieu of a degree, 13 years of cybersecurity or network systems security work experience.
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems, or computer network hardware)
- Experience with documentation and tools such as any of the following: DoD Manuals 8500 series, NIST Special Publications (800-53, 800-37, etc.) SNAC Guides, Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, etc. and/or JAFAN, DCID, JSIG, DAAPM, NISPOM, ICD-503
- An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Existing DoD SECRET/TOP SECRET/TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
- Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Ability to deliver Cybersecurity related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Desire and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
- Organizational skills to include attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with general supervision
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- CISSP, CISM or similar 8570 certification
- Desired Education:
Courses can be completed at the DCSA Training Website: https://cdse.usalearning.gov/login/index.php
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.