Electrical Engineer II – NetworksBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 184294BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions — backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise — is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking a NetworkEngineer to join our Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) team in developing the next generation of air traffic control systems for civil and military customers around the world. Our STARS air traffic system is deployed in every airport across the US and we are looking to add to our team implementing the next generation Air Traffic Control (ATC) as well as providing support to existing fielded systems.
The Network Engineer will work with Product Leads and other team members on the design and development of the ATC Network using Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products.
Tasks will include:
- Research and selection of COTS processor hardware
- System prototyping and integration in the lab
- Participating in design discussions and reviews
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Investigation and resolution of hardware issues, supplier product changes, device configuration issues, or customer change requests
- Device configuration definition
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Participation as a team member taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete solution and then verifying the design via integration and test activities
- Experience working with different network layers, firmware levels, protocols, signal strength and cabling best practices, timing specifications and other network related characteristics to provide highly reliable network configurations
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technology
- System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating in development diverse teams
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft
- Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness and ability to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in related field
- US Citizenship, with ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Experience with ATC or weather system hardware
- Experience with new and emerging technologies
This position requires a Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and 2 years of related work experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.