Component EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169086BR Date posted 09/28/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
If your strengths include outstanding analytical and communication skills and a track record of success in offering solutions to critical issues, and you’re happiest working in a dynamic, change-oriented environment, then this opportunity may be just what you’re looking for!
We have an immediate need for a Component Engineer for Obsolescence and DMSMS (Diminishing Manufacturing Sources & Material Shortages) in our Marlborough, MA location.
Primary Obsolescence activities will include:
- Monitoring program systems to identify obsolescence risks
- Investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts
- Supporting Obsolescence Management working groups and Integrated Product teams
- Reporting system obsolescence health statistics
- Maintaining obsolescence databases
In this role, you may also be involved with financial reporting, including:
- Earned Value Management
- Workload planning
- Support to proposal efforts
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or a Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 2+ years’ engineering experience.
- At a Grade G07, 0 years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job.
- At a Grade G08, 2+ years of experience in the aforementioned areas along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job.
- US citizenship is required
- Component knowledge
- Experience in working with obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Knowledge of ‘data mining’ solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturers and suppliers
- 6 Sigma experience
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics
This job is posted internally as: Systems Engineer II / Sr. Systems Engineer I
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.