Component EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 183534BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/14/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
We’re currently conducting search for an experienced Component Engineer to join our Obsolescence and DMSMS (Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages) team based in Marlborough, MA.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
In this role you’ll support Obsolescence Management Working Groups and Integrated Product Teams by doing the following:
- Monitoring program systems to identify obsolescence risks
- Investigating potential mitigations for obsolete and near obsolete parts
- Reporting system obsolescence health statistics
- Maintaining obsolescence databases
- Financial reporting such as earned value management
- Workload planning
- Providing support to proposal efforts
An advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience may be considered for this role. A PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this role.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Chemistry
- 5+ years’ engineering experience
- Experience with component engineering
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence.
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Experience with product and procurement management systems such as: PTC Windchill (PDM) and SAP PRISM
- Experience with ‘data mining’ solutions such as SiliconExpert and IHS CAPS Universe.
- Experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience influencing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with the MS Office suite; specific competence with data analysis and manipulation using Excel and Access.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, Systems Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.