C++ Software Engineer/Radar Software Product LineBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164543BR Date posted 07/09/2020 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within one year of employment.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
• Develop robust and scalable software in C++ running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms using Agile development methods.
• Design, implement, debug and problem solve Radar Software Applications while providing feedback to other team members.
•Help improve code quality by supporting software integration, verification and performing code reviews.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
• Work in a team environment to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
• Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule along with other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
• 2 plus years’ experience in Software Engineering
• Experience with C++ code development and Linux/Unix
• Experience developing software in a team based development environment
• US Citizenship is required
• Radar domain knowledge
•Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
•Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
•Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
•Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase, Rational Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS, Google Test
• Active Secret Clearance
•Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Located on scenic Hagar Pond in Marlborough, our 168 acre facility has miles of nature trails, plus softball, basketball and volleyball courts to enjoy. It contains a large fitness center with full locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. Joining one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups enables our engineers to focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
What We Offer: We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to include Health and Wellness, Retirement Savings and Income Protection. A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon Technologies. We provide programs that offer solutions to life’s challenges, including a variety of flexible work arrangements and paid time off. Programs are also available for dependent and adult care, family leave, college planning, counseling and personal convenience services. In addition, we offer educational assistance for approved courses or degree programs and certifications for skill enhancement. Our 9/80 work schedule also offers flexibility to help successfully balance work/life commitments.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.