Value Stream Manager - ManufacturingBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178942BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Louisville State KY Country United States
The Value Stream Manager (VSM) is responsible for all manufacturing related activities within a production and depot-manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will report to the Factory Manager and be accountable for the daily management and direction of a cross functional team which includes the Value Stream Lead (VSL), Production Support team (Manufacturing Engineer, Product Test Engineer, Quality Engineer, and Production Control) and Production Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) support team. The VSM will be tasked to define clear operational schedules, priorities, goals, and collaborate with functional management to allow for continuous manufacturing of line-flow or end-item products. Additionally the VSM will have accountability for production, depot deliveries, failure investigation and triage, direction to salary production support, prioritization of design engineering support and safety within their factory area.
This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas. The candidate must be capable and willing to work extended hours (when required) in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in both manufacturing and technical leadership roles.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Fosters collaboration and communication with upstream and downstream Value Stream Managers.
- Interface with other Value Stream Manager across shifts.
- Provides clear priorities to the Value Stream Leads.
- Overall knowledge of manufacturing principles, manufacturing support team roles and responsibilities, manufacturing systems, production REA support team roles and responsibilities.
- Oversees development and sustainment of product focused tooling, equipment and test architecture.
- Personnel performance input for all related functions and career development of team members.
- Perform a wide variety of sequencing, planning, scheduling, coordinating, failure triage support and reporting tasks in support of the manufacturing workflow.
- Compiling labor forecasts and Estimates at Compete (EACs) for the support and touch employees.
- Strategic Planning.
- Define Priorities and Goals and Manage Quality, Schedule and Hours per Unit (HPU) performance.
- Prioritizes project issues and assists in the resolutions process to meet productivity, quality, and organizational goals and contractual delivery requirements.
- Interact with support engineering, supply chain, and quality with respect to project schedules.
- Provide the required resources (facilities, processes, equipment, training, etc.) to ensure all employees work in a safe working environment.
- Provide communications as directed or required by higher-level management to ensure employees are aware of pertinent organizational or customer information.
- Ensure compliance to all pertinent operating procedures and work instructions.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience
Qualifications You Must Have:
Manager I Manufacturing
- Prior experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and/or Six Sigma project implementation
- Experience with manufacturing test processes including root cause and/or corrective actions
- Understanding of sequencing for fabrication, assembly, installation, testing and other manufacturing operations relation to specific portion of the product.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm178942
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.