Section Lead - Whole Life EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178391BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Louisville State KY Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
WLE is looking for a front-line leader to contribute to a fast-paced Phalanx Performance-Based Logistics (PBL) Engineering Team working closely with WLE functional management and program management to develop and implement strategic goals and to influence requirements with program and senior leadership.
As a WLE Section Lead, you’re responsible for leading a team of approximately 20 Depot logisticians and engineers executing various facets of the Phalanx PBL Program within the Strategic Missile Defense business area.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
In this role, your responsibilities will include personally supporting the following:
- Managing performance of the program providing logistics support to the military
- Managing performance of US military logistics support for a land-based weapon system
- Monitoring and improving program service support levels while maintaining customer and company policy compliance
- Leading team efforts supporting contract proposals for parts contracts
- Technical execution for the successful development and production of a product to committed cost and schedule, ensuring team interaction, the “right” job assignments and team program integration
- Professionally supporting all program milestones and contributing to successful reviews and customer interactions
- Identifying and elevating, when required, technical execution risks (including Technical Discipline, Technical Performance, Cost and Schedule Performance) to program and functional management
- Meeting the team’s committed schedule, cost and performance requirements
Additional responsibilities will include the following employee-focused areas:
- Employee performance development and assessment
- Employee productivity improvement (including use of CMMI and Six Sigma)
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Project cost account management using EVMS, cost proposal and EAC preparation
- Personnel issue resolution
- Ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures
- Ensuring all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their tasks, and leveraging best practices across all programs.
Some travel may be required.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or a Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
An advanced degree can be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Physics.
- 6+ years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, logistics or manufacturing operations in a military or civilian environment
- Leadership or supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Current certification in Raytheon Earned Value Management
- Raytheon Logistics and leadership experience (Mission Support, Logistics Engineering, Transportation, Production Control,)
- Experience with all aspects of financial, program, and business management, including EAC process, AOP, NBR, 5 Year Plan, contracts / contract modification processes and funding processes
- Experience working in the repair and sustainment sector of the DoD
- Demonstrated experience with SAP/APEX or other ERP systems
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity management
- Understanding of DOD funding process
- Former active duty or direct experience working with military and/or DoD customers
- Successful leadership in a matrix organization
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is posted internally as: Manager I Engineering / Manager II Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.