Mechanical Repair Tech. IBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01480521 Most Recent Date Posted 10/19/2021 City Louisville State Kentucky Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HKY01: Wheel & Brake Svc - Louisville 7100 Intermodal Drive, Louisville, KY, 40258 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a mechanical repair technician. This position is responsible for performing technical, mechanical, and inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft component overhaul process.
- Conducts receiving inspection of in-coming assemblies/components in accordance with established procedures and technical data
- Performs disassembly, wash, blast, bearing inspection, build –up, mount, UT bolt tester, air retention, paint, cleaning, inspection and assembly of aircraft component according to customer’s specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers’ CMM guidelines and BFG operating procedures
- Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes
- Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress
- Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned
- Performs painting functions including mixing of primer/paint as well as application of primer/paint
- Performs general shop and equipment maintenance; practices the principles of the Five S’s by creating and maintaining a neat, orderly work area; identifies ways to remove non-value added steps from all processes and strives to produce products in the least-waste-way
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous process improvement and practices; actively participates and supports process improvement events
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
- Provides limited training to other Component Technicians, where qualified
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent
- In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to operate hand tools, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and test equipment
- Must be able to use measuring tools such as: micrometers, calipers, height gage, hydraulic gages, etc.
- Ability to read and accurately Interpret blueprints and overhaul manuals for assembly purposes
- Properly documents worked performed and follows work instructions
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms