Manufacturing Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177208BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/04/2021 City Louisville State KY Country United States
Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for designing, controlling and improving the manufacturing process, test equipment and system design, through a collaborative effort with quality engineering, area supervision and manufacturing and test specialists. The goals of the Manufacturing Engineer are reducing cycle time and customer lead time, reducing inventory, improving productivity, reducing material cost, and improving performance of the value chain. The candidate will work under general supervision to manage the production test and manufacturing process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including product development, transition to production, and sustained production and depot activities. Position is for first shift; however, the manufacturing environment can operate multiple shifts including some weekend work so candidate must be capable of supporting this schedule. Position may require occasional travel.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Manufacturing engineer responsibilities for efforts around reduction of process cycle times and defect reductions
- Function as the work area engineering lead supporting all bargaining unit employees, training of manufacturing processes, and production failures troubleshooting and dispositioning
- Process work instructions ownership and process routing creation and modification
- Lead all projects that result in improved manufacturing processes and safer more efficient work areas
- Leading of corrective action investigations to prevent recurrence
- Duties will also include providing technical leadership to multi-disciplined teams associated with specific assemblies to ensure quality, cost, and schedule objectives are achieved
- Involved in all phases of product life cycle, beginning with proposal development and advanced manufacturing initiatives, continuing through production implementation and extending to support of our customer and supply chain
- Working with design and systems engineering to support and implement design changes
- Monitor and improve the manufacturing and test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields
- Assist and direct hourly personnel in non-routine fault isolation, diagnose, and repair of the product or test equipment
- Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to bargaining unit personnel
- Maintain changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of related experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using lean manufacturing and/or statistical process control
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering Experience within a manufacturing environment (6 years or more preferred) focused on safety, quality, schedule and cost.
- Verifiable experience with RF circuitry, filters, amplifiers, mixers, waveguides and oscillators ideally with a focus on testing and troubleshooting including basic concepts (insertion loss, SWR) as well as phase noise and other advanced concepts
- Knowledge of network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal source analyzers, and frequency counters
- Experience in providing technical leadership to multi-disciplined teams associated with specific assemblies to ensure safety, quality, schedule, and cost objectives are met.
- Experience working closely with production or process equipment operators, line leads, supervisors, and other technical disciplines to support operations by maintaining the effectiveness and reliability of production lines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems
- Must have the ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
Must be capable of interacting with a group of multi-disciplined engineers.
- Proof of expertise in all phases of product life cycles, beginning with proposal development and advanced manufacturing initiatives, continuing through production implementation and extending to support of customer requirements and supply chain demands.
- Ability to perform project management and risk mitigation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with hands-on hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Experience with electronics and electrical assemblies as well as fault isolation practices.
- Experience using SAP based production systems or other MRP systems
- Experience with hands-on trouble shooting in a manufacturing environment
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.