Electronics MechanicBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 162216BR Date posted 05/21/2020 City Louisville State KY Country United States
This position will be part of a Bargaining Unit.
Starting Rate: $21.59
This position will be responsible to:
- Overhaul, test, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of ordnance and electronic equipment.
- Disassemble, repair, modify and ORDALTS, CCA's and electronic modules such as amplifiers, power supplies, fire control, computer and radar equipment.
- Determine the type and extent of overhaul and repairs needed
- Identify and select parts and components required for work performed
- Perform diagnostic and functional tests using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, digital meters, decade bridges, etc.
- Analyze and locate faults using troubleshooting techniques such as voltage current and resistance measurement, signal tracking and waveform analysis.
- Perform mechanical functions as they relate to the overhaul, assembly or test of electronic equipment.
- Assist higher-level mechanics in the test, checkout and alignment of equipment by utilizing state-of-the-art automatic test equipment.
- Select proper interface to hook-up unit under test and troubleshoot identified problem area.
- Evaluate test results to determine if assemblies are used to repair area or make circuit adjustment and continues testing.
- Give direction and instruction to sub-journey personnel and other employees who assist in assignments.
- Work closely with Production Engineers and higher grade EISM to review and analyze data to provide adequate and recommended procedural changes and/or data corrections
- Perform clerical and material handling tasks that are incidental to the job function.
- Prior experience with interpreting electronic schematics, flowcharts, drawings, work instructions, shop procedures, test procedures/documents and manuals.
- Position will convert to 3rd shift 9:00 pm - 6:30 am within 0-90 days
- Working knowledge with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Prior experience in repairing, modifying, troubleshooting and testing a wide variety of electronic ordnance equipment.
Minimum of a two (2) year degree in electronic theory or related. May substitute a minimum of two (2) years applicable experience for education. 162216
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.