Electronic Integration Systems MechanicBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Confidential Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176582BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Louisville State KY Country United States
This position will be part of a Bargaining Unit.
Starting Rate: $25.40/hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of the complete electronics multi-system weapons. Determines the approach and isolates faults or malfunctions of the subassembly and component level through various techniques such as signal tracking and testing, through analysis of on-function diagrams and other system documentation. Is designated to troubleshoot and coordinate work on the most difficult integrated weapon systems and problem solution involves analysis of fault patterns developed from accumulated test data.
- Evaluates system operational performance by analyzing system data accumulated by automatic test equipment. Operates automatic test equipment to direct systems through various performance modes in order to ascertain system and subsystem performance at various operating levels. May require usage of manual test equipment to isolate faults.
- Directs or performs modification of major systems according to approved documentation. Performs necessary interfacing and advised Production Engineering in resolution of unusual problems encountered during system tests. Assists Operations Engineering with implementation of engineering changes (ORDALTS and Block Changes) as they affect final testing of overhauled and ORDALTES systems.
- Makes or coordinates installations of critical multi-systems. Devises repair techniques and procedures to be used in fault analysis, repair and testing of various weapon groups or subsystems. Provides technical direction and assistance to lower graded specialists in the performance of repairs and tests. Assures correct interfacing, alignment and system operation and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- May perform clerical and material handling tasks that are incidental to the job function.
Special Requirements: Must hold or be able to obtain and retain a confidential security clearance.
- Must have successfully completed U.S Navy Fire Control man “A” school and U.S. Navy Phalanx “C” school.
- A minimum of four years hands on technician-level experience within the past five years in the maintenance, repair and operation of the PHALANX weapon system.
- In depth knowledge and experience of test equipment and maintenance documentation used to evaluate and correct operation failures of the PHALANX weapon system. (i.e. multi-meters, o-scopes, power meters and special purpose test equipment.
- Associates degree in the field of Electronics, may substitute a minimum of (4) years applicable experience for education.
Must be able to walk, sit, bend, stoop, climb and move freely about weapon systems and test areas while sometimes in restrictive work positions. Minor lifting and exposure to electrical shock environments, RF energy and high voltages. Must be able to work independently and safely. Must make timely and critical judgements under stress.176582
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.