Production Operative, MachinistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01459989 Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Leighton Buzzard Country United Kingdom
Location:UK017-Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Production Operative, Machinist to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
- To set and operate CNC, manual milling machines and mitre saw.
- Set conventional machine tools in a safe manner, manufacture and inspect components to meet drawing dimensions.
- Ensure quality, cost and delivery requirements are achieved within designated timelines.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of using the Biesse Router
- Good knowledge of programming using MasterCam software.
- Capable of using the Manual Mill and SMX mill.
- Manufacturing work aids (jigs) to facilitate production requirements
- Manufacturing components to engineering drawings
- Liaising with Production Engineers to resolve any engineering issues
- Adhering to and maintaining lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles within the area i.e. 5S, Waste Reduction etc.
- Production of engineering sketches when required
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as cashback dental & healthcare schemes. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms