Digital Design EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 186373BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/18/2021 City Largo State FL Country United States
The Communications & Airspace Management Systems Directorate (CAMS) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
The Protected COMMS Systems Hardware Department leads the electrical hardware design, development and production of DoD and Government Communications Systems. The Analog, Digital and Control’s Section, located in Marlborough, MA is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer specializing in Digital Design. The Digital Design Engineer will provide digital design and architecture support to the Protected Communications Systems Product Line primarily for Satellite Communication Products. The digital design support encompasses the design, development, evaluation, and test of digital circuit card assemblies, subsystems and associated system level support.
The Electrical Engineer to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The Electrical Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units.
The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Candidates will be provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision.
Position can be done in Marlborough MA or Largo FL.
- Minimum of 8 years Engineering design experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus.
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration.
- Experience with PCB design tasks and tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production.
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects.
- US Citizenship is required, with ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES).
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB).
- Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications).
- A self-motivated and effective communicator.
- Team and project leadership skills.
- Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development.
- Experience leading a program transition from development to production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management.
- Ability to prioritize work of others and handle multiple tasks at a time.
- A strong advocate for process improvement.
- Active DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum 8 years of relevant experience or similar degree.
- MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.186373
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.