Cyber Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DoD - SCI Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175995BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Largo State FL Country United States
When everything is connected, security is everything. That’s why Raytheon Technologies delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. For everything cyber, click here: https://www.raytheon.com/cyber/every-side/
This Cyber Security Engineer position will be part of a team responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a custom IT network. An ideal candidate should have a strong educational background with focus in system administration and cyber security engineering. This position will work in a competitive environment and be responsible for working through all aspects of Life Cycle development.
- Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security
- Ability to work with limited supervision and must be a self-starter with initiative
- Demonstrated ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations
- Understanding of the concepts of Information Assurance (CIA triad, least privilege, etc.)
- Background in Systems Administration using Windows operating systems environment
- Experience with various computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications
- Ability to monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum levels of performance.
- Experience with scanning machines for vulnerabilities and patching
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Administration and authentication of domain services (e.g Active Directory)
- Experience with enterprise e-mail services (e.g. Exchange)
- Knowledge of VMware products and virtualization concepts
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
- Familiarity with Public Key Cryptography and programming
- Familiarity with automated test software including load testing, security testing.
- Thorough understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, subnetting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with command-line interfaces
- Experience with at least one programming language, to include scripting languages
- Knowledge of SQL database fundamentals, including tables, stored procedures, ODBC, etc.
- Experience using the Apache Tomcat and IIS application/web servers
- Experience with HTML5 programming
Bachelor's degree obtained by summer 2021 in a major program of study in Cyber Security Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other strong science or math discipline with experience in computer systems integration or programming. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.