Head of Office of Airworthiness HOABusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01468085 Most Recent Date Posted 08/10/2021 City Landshut Country Germany
Job title Head of Office of Airworthiness (HOA)
Reports to Head of Design Organization
The HOA is directly accountable to the Head of Design Organization for performance of the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
- Liaison between the design organisation and the Agency with respect to all aspects of the certification programme. airworthiness
- Ensuring that a handbook is prepared and updated as required in 21.A.243.
- Co-operation with the Agency in developing procedures to be used for the certification process.
- Issuing of guidelines for documenting compliance.
- Co-operation in issuing guidelines for the preparation of the manuals required by the applicable implementing rules, Service Bulletins, drawings, specifications, and standards.
- Ensuring procurement and distribution of applicable CS and environmental protection requirements and other specifications.
- Co-operating with the Agency in proposing the certification basis
- Interpretation of CS and environmental protection requirements and requesting decisions of the Agency in case of doubt.
- Advising of all departments of the design organisation in all questions regarding airworthiness, operational suitability, environmental protection approvals and certification.
- Preparation of the certification programme and co-ordination of all tasks related to Type Investigation in concurrence with the Agency.
- Regular reporting to the Agency about Type Investigation progress and announcement of scheduled tests in due time.
- Ensuring co-operation in preparing inspection and test programmes needed for demonstration of compliance.
- Establishing the compliance checklist and updating for changes.
- Checking that all compliance documents are prepared as necessary to demonstrate compliance with all CS and environmental protection requirements, as well as for completeness, and signing for release of the documents.
- Checking the required certification documents described in 21.A.31 and ensuring that they are provided to the Agency for approval when required.
- Preparation, if necessary, of a draft for a certification data sheet
- Providing verification to the Head of the Design Organisation that all activities required for Type Investigation have been properly completed.
- Approving the classification of changes in accordance with 21.A.91 and granting the approval for minor changes in accordance with 21.A.95(b).
- Monitoring of significant events on other aeronautical products as far as relevant to determine their effect on airworthiness or operational suitability of products being designed by the design organisation.
- Ensuring co-operation in preparing Service Bulletins and the Structural Repair Manual, and subsequent revisions, with special attention being given to the manner in which the contents affect airworthiness and environmental protection and granting the approval on behalf of the Agency.
- Ensuring the initiation of activities as a response to a failure (accident/incident/in-service occurrence) evaluation and complaints from the operation and providing of information to the Agency in case of airworthiness or operational suitability impairment (continuing airworthiness and continued operational suitability).
- Advising the Agency with regard to the issue of airworthiness directives in general based on Service Bulletins.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Engineering degree in aeronautical science or equivalent education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Compliance Verification Engineer
- Be experienced in conducting civil design and certification activities
- Thorough knowledge of the Aviation Regulations, in particular EASA Part 21
- In-depth understanding of Certification Specifications including Part 23, 25, 27 and 29 and their AMC/GM.
- Demonstrable experience as design signatory (CVE).
- Be a person of integrity and good character.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent command of English language
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Passionate about performance
- Learning and striving for continual improvement
- Showing kindness and supporting our colleagues
- Rigorous in attention to detail and procedures
- Celebrating success and having fun
- Held EASA Form 4 position in DOA.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms