Certified Electro-Mechanical Techincian (CEMT) LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 161795BR Date posted 05/13/2020 City Kuwait City Country Kuwait
The Certified Electro Mechanical Technician (CEMT) Lead will provide Enhance Deep Maintenance (EDM) support to the Kuwait Patriot M902 Launcher Stations (OCONUS). This individual observes, analyzes and reports test data, and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. May set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and/or grinders, as well as coating surface of parts, assemblies, and finished products with protective materials. Performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, production/test environment, and field operations. The CEMT will test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain and install a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical, computer, laboratory and/or equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of tasks. The CEMT will be responsible for performing EDM of assemblies, and subassemblies, as well as the removal and repair of cables and interconnects. The CEMT will perform electro-mechanical assembly inspections, perform heavy equipment maintenance and repair on brake components and air lines, suspension components and assemblies, and hydraulic components and assemblies. This individual will conduct disassembly, cleaning, corrosion mitigation, painting, and then re-assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies to subassemblies IAW the applicable Army Technical Manuals (TMs) and EDM procedures, which includes, the removal, inspection and cleaning of circuit cards that are not secured with fasteners. Gaskets will be inspected, cleaned and replaced as required, and all air filters will be inspected, cleaned and replaced as required. The CEMT Lead will have oversight of 5 CEMTs performing work within the guidelines and duties of the EDM contract, ensure that each CEMT maintain all Raytheon Technologies’ requirements and responsibilities, and will provide guidance and assistance when applicable. The CEMT Lead will act as a local on-site representative to customer’s organization.
This position is a short term international assignment in the Republic of Kuwait.
- Technically qualified in an electronic and/or mechanical atmosphere
- Knowledge and experience in the test and repair of major items, assemblies and subassemblies
- Demonstrated ability to remove and replace failed assemblies and subassemblies
- Use of cutting, grinding, soldering, welding equipment and metal repairs specializing in alloy metals, as well as experience in wire wrap technics and procedures
- Able to perform electro-mechanical assembly and inspection
- Demonstrated experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair of the following:
- Brakes components and air lines
- Suspension components and assemblies
- hydraulic component and assemblies
- Experience in cable and interconnects removal and repair
- Knowledge of static sensitive handling techniques
- Ability to perform corrosion mitigation and repair
- Able to lead and provide guidance and support to less experienced field service representatives
- Must have a secret clearance
- Ability to become a certified weld inspector for Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant application
- Knowledge of electronic theory and the ability to trace a problem through numerous circuits and systems
- Able to read and follow schematics and flowcharts
- Familiar in the use of different types of test and measurement equipment
- Familiar with set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and/or grinders
- Familiar with coating surface of parts, assemblies and finished products with protective materials.
- Able to use a forklift
- Experience working on Patriot Major End Items and installing DAMWOs.
- Knowledge of static sensitive handling techniques.
- Strong Microsoft software skills and database knowledge.
- Familiar with set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and/or grinders.
- Understand Patriot specific Technical Manuals.
- Understand Patriot specific test equipment and BITE.
- FOE, FOD, ESD qualified
- Lock-Out Tag out
- Rigging and Crane operations
Required Education (to include Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of related experience, or an Associate’s Degree with 6years of related experience, or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years
- Must be respirator certified
- Certification training or work experience in the following:
- IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- MIS-20007 CARC paint preparation, application and inspection
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.