Team Ldr Hardware Qual EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 174937BR Date posted 02/21/2021 City Jeddah State Saudi Arabia Country Saudi Arabia
The Manager I Hardware Quality Engineer position is Contingent on Approval from the Royal Saudi Air Defense Force (RSADF). This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and can be accompanied. This is a 2-year assignment.
- Performs initial incoming inspections on government procured Air Defense Systems hardware, that is covered under the currently approved Trade Agreements Act (TAA), to determine if the equipment conforms to military specifications and systems standards.
- Documents all discrepancies, investigates to determine the causes and prepares reports recommending hardware disposition and corrective actions required to eliminate future occurrences.
- Conducts inspections of field return assets, assigns proper condition classification codes and documents any evidence of misuse, mishandling and/or incompleteness to sustain accountability.
- Performs in-process QC inspections of maintenance activities to ensure repairs are accomplished in accordance with applicable quality standards and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to equipment failures.
- Performs analysis to determine probable causes and trends.
- Identifies improper repair methods and faulty workmanship.
- Prepares material rejection reports citing deficiencies and corrective actions required.
- Reviews all maintenance forms and records for accuracy and completeness.
- Participates in on-the-job training (OJT) and assists the section officer in enforcing safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed by the section officer.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years experience in the QA/QC field performing in-process QC inspections and/or QA acceptance of end products.
- Must be knowledgeable of military specifications and federal standards.
- Use of documentation, procedures, tools, and test equipment commonly associated with inspection, test and acceptance of military air defense weapon systems hardware
- Must hold or be able to obtain certification in precision soldering or wire wrap.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings and understand design intent.
- Experience in the review and disposition of discrepant material.
- Basic knowledge of machining capabilities of lathes, milling machines, grinder, etc.
- Ability to be proactive and work well with other professionals.
- Prior experience in inspecting military major end items of equipment, assemblies, subassemblies, and component piece parts
- Have prior leadership experience managing a team of quality engineers.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited university, OR,
- Associate degree in Engineering or Applied Science
- Certification by the American Society of Quality Engineering
- Must have successfully completed a civilian or military course of instruction on Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.