Principal Analyst – Global Trade ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Saudi Arabia Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 178044BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Jeddah Country Saudi Arabia
Raytheon Technologies is a new company for a new age, built on a legacy of innovation, integrity, and excellence. By uniting two premier companies – a leader in aerospace and a leader in defense – we’re setting a new industry standard. Raytheon Technologies brings together advanced technology platforms, research and development capabilities, complementary product portfolios and the highly skilled workforce that created them. By the numbers alone, we are one of the world's largest aerospace and defense companies, with 195,000 employees, 60,000 engineers. Our true strength comes from our four highly specialized businesses: Collins Aerospace, Pratt and Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense.
This position is for an experienced Global Trade (GT) professional to be located in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to support Raytheon Saudi Arabia. The position reports directly to the Global Trade Strategic Partner for Middle East Programs. This professional is responsible for providing Export/Import licensing support and guidance on the application of U.S. Government Export/Import regulations, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), US Customs and Border Protection Regulations and applicable Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Export/Import regulations. The position will team with the Raytheon Saudi Arabia Business Partners to execute on licensing strategies/plans and ensure Global Trade compliance on programs throughout the Middle East. The position requires interfacing with internal and external customers and suppliers regarding GT requirements pertaining to activities, developing and delivering training, determining Export/Import Authorization needs and/or interpreting complex licenses/agreements necessary to export technical data, defense services and hardware to non-US persons. Assuring compliance with all US international trade laws and regulations, and implementing/executing KSA Export/Import requirements and technology controls are fundamental to this position.
This is a high visibility position interfacing with all functions and levels of management across Raytheon in Saudi Arabia.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Implementation and communicating the Raytheon Emirates Global Trade Governance Model consisting of policies and procedures necessary to comply with complex US and local export and import regulations to internal and external customers and partners. Position will support audits and investigations related to non-compliance as a member of Raytheon’s Global Ethics & Compliance team.
- Engage with Raytheon Emirates personnel to support day-to-day business activities and ensure compliance with all Global Trade authorizations and company policy and procedures. Assist in training and utilizing of Raytheon Global Trade Management tools and working with Security and on-site staff to develop technology control plans.
- Working with international Global Trade personnel and local regulators to shape and manage complex authorizations required for in-country operations, including administration and recordkeeping requirements.
- Engagement with and developing relationships with US and regional Government regulators and becoming proficient in local government regulations regarding export & import licensing/permitting as well as Customs clearance.
- Identifying training needs, developing and delivering Global Trade compliance training, as required.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years professional experience, 3 years in import and export, global trade regulatory, or legal experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience with GT efforts.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to interpret and implement GT regulations.
- Ability to think strategically and integrate GT licensing requirements with the company’s international business objectives.
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to participate in multi-function teams working on GT issues and drive issues to conclusion.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to follow through and resolve situations that are ambiguous or incomplete.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Professional.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
Qualifications We Value:
- Master or Law Degree
- Knowledge and application of US GT regulations (eg. the ITAR, EAR, Customs, BATFE and OFAC).
- Experience in implementing, and managing US export agreements, licenses and other requests.
- Experience with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Global Trade Regulations.
This position requires a Saudi national who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.