Contracts InternBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176414BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/05/2021 City Jeddah Country Saudi Arabia
Raytheon has more than fifty years of continuous presence in Saudi Arabia providing defense and security solutions to the government and commercial customers. Raytheon’s innovative solutions and services are increasingly developed by Saudi citizens and delivered in the country and to the global market in a way that contributes to the Kingdom lasting security and economic development. As such, Raytheon is a strategic supporter of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Visit us at https://www.rtx.com
Raytheon Technologies is looking for a summer intern to join our Contracts team at Jeddah office for up to 7 months. The Intern will be involved in a wide variety of engagements that will work closely with our function partners and leadership. This position will need a candidate with a strong desire to learn real world contracts administrative applications in the defense industry to complement their academic experience. The contracts department operates in a fast paced, dynamic environment in which new innovative, leading edge approaches to problem solving are highly encouraged. This position requires an understanding of principles, concepts, and practices affecting to the various fields of business. The ideal candidate will be working in a team environment, having not only academic, but also interpersonal skills to help optimize the output of our team.
The role is created for university students with an interest in gaining experience in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment for a short period of time. Each student will be expected to use their own initiative and undertake self-directed learning within a supportive environment to work with the team to develop goals and objectives to further common areas of interest. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Contracts Team in development and preparation of Contracts Actions, review of contracts and other general contracts administration activities such as:
- Prepare documentation to support teams and create, update, and monitors the timeliness of contract actions
- Cataloguing documents for archiving purposes.
- Assist with writing and formatting Contracts documents and presentations
- Coordinating Contracts Actions from multiple sources
- Brainstorm with the team and others to identify new areas for improvement
- Coordinating with other functions as required performing contract activities.
- Learning and using Contracts shared drives and databases to enter and retrieve critical letters and contract information and provide data management support.
- Conducting research on unique topics (i.e. Government Tenders and Procurement Law, RTX Terms & Conditions).
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with an emphasis in Business or a related field.
- Completed, at minimum, 60 hours of college credit towards their degree as of the summer 2021.
- Student GPA should be (3+ out of 4) or (4+ out of 5).
- An official university letter is required to be attached along with the CV.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across diverse organizations and teams.
- Proficient in Arabic and English (both written and oral); must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management via email, telephone, and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity in a diverse environment.
- Experience working in a team to quickly address challenges.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.