Sr. Production SupervisorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01409221 Date posted 09/11/2020 City Jacksonville State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL07: ASG Jacksonville-Busch Dr 10531 Busch Dr N , Jacksonville, FL, 32218 USA
The Senior Production Supervisor manages entry and intermediate professional level employees or team leaders of production employees and sets day-to-day goals. Oversees cell productivity and guides scheduling, sequencing of work, and production innovation to optimize production.
• Inspires team members by promoting inclusion in the team and at our site overall. Coaches and encourages team on how to meet program milestones on time.
• Drives change and Innovation through process improvement tools to drive efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
• Champions Customer Culture with internal customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive world class service.
• Builds trust and manages the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
• Implement continuous improvement initiatives using lean tools and practices, for example 5S, RTPR, and Tier meetings.
• Ensure all team members follow safety cardinal rules and encourage a safety first culture.
• Assists in scheduling for assigned work cell(s) so that production schedules are met.
• Assists in sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for assigned work cell(s) to optimize productivity.
• Ensures all quality related items for assigned work cells are completed and documented to meet established quality standards.
• Coordinates activities for materials and logistics problem resolution of assigned work cell(s) to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
• Monitors cell performance and productivity to maximize productivity.
• Responsible for a major portion of processing operations in the site.
• Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
• Train and develop teammates for career progression, performance and recognition purposes.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years manufacturing supervisor experience.
- In the absence of a Bachelor’s Degree, 7 years of manufacturing supervisor experience is required.
- Business acumen and knowledge with continuous improvement / lean tools and practices.
- Supervisory experience with teams of 20-25 or larger.
- Experience with AutoTime, SAP, and MS Office.
While the rest of Collins Aerospace soars into the sky, Engineered Polymer Products dives into the sea! Located in Jacksonville, Florida, EPP specializes in marine applications for surface ships and submarines. Our dedicated teams create specialty naval parts that aid the U.S. Navy in executing their mission, ensuring excellence every day. Consider joining a community focused on culture, quality, and safety, and apply today!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms