NWS Inuit Training & Development Program (ITDP) Manager TraineeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 166263BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Iqaluit Country Canada
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites, five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks an Inuit Beneficiary in the Trainee Program as an Manager Trainee to support the NWS Program in Iqaluit, Nunavut. This program provides opportunities to gain hands on working experience on the NWS while developing critical skill sets necessary for their careers. This program does not require a diploma or a high school education and is available to all unskilled individuals in the CLCA communities. Individuals are placed into a variety of roles on the NWS and assigned a mentor to aid in their overall development with on the job training (OJT) as a primary focus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in all required training courses and OJT as outlined in position’s training plan
• Performs a wide variety of administrative and supervisory tasks in support of the business.
• Working with other managers to plan and direct the work of the operations and daily reports of the Zone
• Travel to various sites to apply supervisory skills with a mentor
• Participate in planning, execution, control and monitoring of the Logistical Support Site alongside direct manager
• Inputs data into various company systems.
• May be responsible for government and company property tracking and control.
• May interface with internal and/or external customers. Demonstrates diplomacy.
• Possesses a strong desire to develop the skills necessary to function as a supervisory or manager.
• Able to provide proof of Inuit registry
• Able to travel outside of home community to participate in training courses
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English and Inuktitut
• Strong MS Office program suite skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Detail-oriented, well organized with sound analytical skills and ability to meet timelines with accuracy
• Ability to work independently, in a cross-cultural team environment
• Willing and eager to learn with a positive work ethic
• Grade 10 or equivalent
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience working with geographically dispersed locations.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.166263
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.