Site Safety and Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175168BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/30/2021 Country International
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
As the Site Safety/Quality Engineer for an OCONUS site (International Location) you will be responsible for the support of CLS team members and subcontractors. Primarily responsible for the identification, evaluation, and development of controls designed to control workplace safety and health hazards while supporting in a secondary function and backup for the site logistician. You will help to insure compliance with standard operating procedures, assist in maintaining accurate data related to maintenance events, equipment configuration, and supply. As well as take ownership of all hazmat on site from ordering, storage, use, disposal, control, etc., maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret, recommend, and promote working site compliance with program, customer, local and Raytheon EHS regulations and/or contract requirements
- Conduct assigned workplace assessments and inspections to ensure compliance and behavioral objectives are being achieved.
- Take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable occupational safety and health standard provisions, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained
- Implement and maintain the site safety program and procedures to help ensure environmental protection, occupational health and safety and related regulatory compliance.
- Present personnel training programs relating to hazard awareness, workplace health and safety practices and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide follow-up of reported workplace incidents and safety concerns, which can entail incident investigation, job hazard analysis, and assistance in development/ review of standard operating procedures.
- Provide assistance in development of maintenance engineering and logistic support.
- Assist the logistician in performing spares inventory; receive, pack and ship failed components back to the CCP; receive, issue all spares/replacements to the site personnel; generate appropriate periodic reports; maintain records and execute Test Equipment calibration procedures.
- Provide support for all material transport, storage, issue and tracking; ensure compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); working with the site logistician to coordinate all spares and equipment transportation requirements.
- Assist site logistician in the development and reporting of ALCS-related inspection schedules; maintaining 100% accountability of all spares/equipment on site.
NOTE - This is an unaccompanied International assignment where a secret security clearance is required. Terms of Relocation will be outlined in a separate International assignment letter administered by the International Assignment Services (IAS) team
- Education (including Major): Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer...or similar OR equivalent combination of education...experience (BS technical degree = 8 years applicable experience)
- Minimum of four years experience providing logistics and system maintenance support of technical hardware and software
- Physical ability to bend, climb ladders, and lift and carry heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.), due to the nature of this position.
- EHS managerial experience, preferably in a deployed setting
- Experience implementing Site Safety programs and working with subcontractors
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Working knowledge with ALCS or like application for supply and maintenance tracking and an understanding of the logistics process in providing field support
- Well organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness accomplishing assigned tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environment
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic professional with a "can do" work ethic
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, but not hesitate to ask or seek information from supervisor or peers so that tasks can be completed correctly
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English with a wide variety of personnel, including management and site personnel
- Computer proficient including the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications for creating and modifying documents, accessing and using the internet, and using Outlook for email
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.