Senior Hardware Quality EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175549BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 Country International
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Quality and Safety Lead to act as the subject matter expert on site quality and safety disciplines in an international deployed radar location. The Quality and Safety Lead will have responsibility for the quality and safety programs at the international location with responsibility for the site team compliance. This position will provide leadership, strategy and guidance to the site team with respect to site quality and safety as well as accountability for compliance to Raytheon procedures and contractual requirements oversight and root cause/corrective action management to ensure alignment to governing requirements on a mature program.
The successful candidate will need to have knowledge in Operations Quality and Safety disciplines.
The Raytheon Mission Assurance (MA) organization assures that compliant products are delivered to the customer with NoDoubt performance and will work reliably throughout the product life cycle. Our goal is to establish, maintain and oversee compliance to Quality and Mission Assurance policies and practices as well as Raytheon EH&S Standards which are aligned across Raytheon.
Working as a trusted partner with the Program Leadership Team, the Quality and Safety Lead will engage on both a tactical and strategic level, focusing on quality execution, safety of personnel and equipment, and providing differentiating quality value to program teams and customers toward continuous improvement. The Quality and Safety Lead will be the prime Mission Assurance and Safety interface with the program and supporting CBTs, responsible for guidance, leadership and support on all matters pertaining to Mission Assurance and Quality as well as overall Site safety.
This individual should possess experience working with environmental standards, spill control, PPE, and water supply protection. The Quality and Safety Lead will be report to the CLS Mission Assurance CPT and will be the independent quality and safety lead to provide guidance to the Site Manager and site team using best-in-class programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple Customer, Program and Functional organizations including preparing and conducting briefings.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Experience with Quality systems, ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9102, and/or quality sciences / statistical analysis processes and tools
- Minimum Six (6) years of experience with Safety and/or Quality processes
- Experience with an Environmental Health and Safety(EHS) management system
- Existing US DOD Secret (or higher) clearance
- Experienced leading technical cross functional teams driving continuous technical improvement
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Root Cause Corrective Action containment and analysis process and tools
- Experience in risk mitigation and opportunity management
- Experience with DOD, ISO, AS/QS, GMP, and other national / international standards
- Knowledge of product life cycle from design through sustainment
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist qualified, or demonstrated Specialist-level skill
- Ability to motivate team members by providing an open environment conducive for each employee to reach his/her full potential
- Experience with radar systems, physical security systems and military shelters
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline. This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175549
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.