Principal Electrical Engineer- EMI/EMC DesignBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169318BR Date posted 09/29/2020 City Indianapolis State IN Country United States
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHlc8GCzoU&feature=youtu.be
RIS is seeking an experienced EMI/EMC Electrical Engineer to join our team in Indianapolis, IN. The EMI/EMC Electrical Engineer's responsibilities include electromagnetic compatibility design, analysis and testing of systems, subsystems, and components. Successful candidate will be involved in the following:
- Define and implement EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/ EMC/ EME/ ESD/ EMP and lightning.
- System level design for E3 compliance (grounding/isolation, electrical bonding, filtering and shielding).
- Analyzing high frequency radiation hazards
- Modelling interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and system interfaces
- Conducting system, subsystem, and component level EMI tests
- Generating EMI control plans, test guidelines, procedures, and reports.
- 8 years’ experience in electrical engineering product development and testing
- 8 years’ experience in EMI/EMC analysis, testing, and compliance
- Thorough working knowledge of MIL-STD's 461/464/704 (or equivalent commercial standards i.e. 47CFR15)
- Experience with operation of electrical test equipment such as digitizing oscilloscopes, spectrum and network analyzers, EMI receivers, low noise amplifiers, signal generators, multimeters, etc.
- Ability to obtain & maintain DoD security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Master's Degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Experience with software tools such as MatLab, MathCAD, PSPICE, and ANSYS HFSS.
- Experience with EMI analytical models and analysis
- Familiarity with Aircraft and/or Ground Support Equipment operating environments.
- Proficient in product qualification tests and test techniques.
- Proficient in EMI/EMC testing
Education Requirements:Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College field and 8 years of related work experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.