Mgr III Operations EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167154BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Indianapolis State IN Country United States
The OPEX manager and his/her team leads continuous improvement initiatives which incorporate best practices in areas such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and theory of constraints to eliminate process variation and waste to enable increases in capacity, reduction in lead-time, improved process flow, and gains in efficiencies to reduce cost.
The successful candidate will have financial acumen and be capable of developing strong business cases for change, collaborate across functions, businesses and geographic regions to impact product and business affordability and efficiencies, leading challenging projects across the site as well as having an understanding of advanced manufacturing, automation, digital visualization and industry 4.0 smart factory.
- Lead the Manufacturing and Depot Operations Engineering Associate teams to develop and implement a factory based Manufacturing Strategy
- Partner with Site Managers and Front Line Leaders in multiple manufacturing locations within RIS including, Indianapolis CMC, Chesapeake and San Diego Aegis Depots, and the El Paso Depot.
- Constantly strive to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies
- Be a main contributor of input to the annual and long term strategy planning with Operations Leadership
- Utilize program management best practices to plan and execute projects
- Utilize production system thinking, and partnership with Ops and engineering automation leads to identify opportunities to drive automation, robotics, and Smart Manufacturing efficiencies into the enterprise.
- Integrate and drive Six Sigma variation reduction through effective manufacturing systems, Lean, training and project selection
- 12+ years of manufacturing or related experience primarily in a Gov't Contractor environment, similar to Raytheon Technologies
- Proven ability to successfully lead and manage engineering teams
- Significant project management or related experience
- Proven ability to implement Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies in a manufacturing or depot environment
- Experience in the defense and/or Aerospace industry
- US Citizen with current/active Secret Security Clearance, or ability to obtain
- Must be willing to travel as needed to work locations listed above, as needed
- Six Sigma certification, Raytheon Six Sigma expert, 6s Blackbelt, Shingo Certification, or equivalent
- PMP (project management professional) certification or equivalent
- Experience in a related role within Heritage Space and Airborne Systems
- Experience with SAP or Raytheon PRISM
- Transitioning development products to a production environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- BS in Engineering, Industrial Eng, Manufacturing System or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional, applicable experience).
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.167154
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.