Technical Support Engr II/Sr. Technical Support EngBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 171726BR Date posted 11/16/2020 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
The candidate will provide calibration and maintenance support of test equipment and test systems; calibrate, maintain, and repair measuring and test equipment; support software and written calibration procedures; develop laboratory processes and capabilities. Minimal direct mentoring and management oversight is expected.
U.S Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position can Technical Support Engineer II or Sr. Technical Support Engineer I depending on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Calibrate and maintain test equipment and test systems
- Troubleshoot and repair test equipment and test systems
- Prove in calibration and maintenance procedures
- Implement test system modifications per released engineering drawings
- Develop calibration laboratory processes and capabilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage personal workload and meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop sustaining solutions to routine technical problems
- Ability to apply technical principles to solve problems in measurement and calibration
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment interacting with multiple engineering/production discipline employees
- Knowledge of desktop computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or Ten (10) years of experience in a fast-paced production, manufacturing, or military environment can be considered in lieu of degree completion
- Two (2) years’ experience in calibration and/or maintenance of test equipment and test systems
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Physics – Applied or General, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, Calibration Engineering Technology
- Experience with the Compliance of quality requirements
- Experience with RF/Microwave measurements and test equipment
- Experience with calibration quality standards
- Experience with cable diagnosis and repair
- Precision Measurement Equipment (PMEL) Journeyman or Test Measurement & Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
This position requires eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO) handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171726
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.