|All-Up-Round Missile Assembly Technician Lead|
Raytheon Technologies Seeking a Sr Technical Support Specialist
The ideal candidate, our Sr Technical Support Specialist, will perform and lead a small team in the final assembly of energetic sections to build large scale missiles.
The Specialist must demonstrate mechanical proficiency, prove metric-based attention to detail and safety protocols, proactive with constructive suggestions to leadership, able to work well in a team dynamic, and be dedicated to providing strategic and critical products to our war fighters.
This role will be performed in the state of the art factory for large scale missile production which is located on the Redstone Arsenal.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Additional Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist in directing, assigning and outlining daily tasks to a small team of technicians
- Provide recommendations to Leadership to help continuously improve Factory operations.
- Work and communicate effectively across Assembly/Test/ Dock teams to execute to Factory priorities.
- Train, mentor and otherwise improve the skill set of technicians that work in your area of responsibility
- Drive a safe and compliant culture in the Factory.
- Perform assembly, modification, and checkout of ordnance weapon systems.
- Handle warheads, pyrotechnic devices and complete ordnance weapons systems.
- Work with computer systems and applications.
- Perform hardware movement in factory utilizing advanced robotic automation.
- Must be able to follow all documented processes and procedures involving assembly and focus on proper material handling is adhered to at all times.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8 years of experience in assembly or related fields
- Willingness and demonstrated experience working with explosive items.
- Demonstrated ability to operate pneumatic and manual tools.
- Capable of using manual torque tools, torqueing values in excess of 250 foot pounds:
- Support and champion Lean Manufacturing Principles in all processes and areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and communicate work instructions and detailed processes to ensure hardware conformance.
- Demonstrated ability in leading meetings to acquire and share knowledge necessary to assist in continuance of production operations in an accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability in delegating work assignments and providing instruction to team member operators.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance is required.
The above includes but is not limited to making sure that all documented processes and procedures involving assembly and a focus on proper material handling are adhered to.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to operate forklift, walker stacker, pallet jack, and other equipment normally
associated with loading and unloading trucks.
- Ability to work outside to load and unload materials year round.
- Ability to obtain, and have two (2) years’ experience utilizing a class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with vehicle and hazardous material endorsement.
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical examiner’s certificate.
- 2 years recent experience operating power lift trucks (forklifts).
- Maintain all required training to improve skills.
- Physical warehousing and inventory control experience.
- Hazmat Certification with Hazmat Endorsement
- Hazmat Waste Generator
- Forklift Operator Certification
- IPC-A-610 CIS certificate or IPC-A-610 CIT certificate
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIS certificate or IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIT certificate
- IPC J-STD-001 CIS certificate or IPC-J-STD-001 CIT certificate
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Certification
Required Education: High School Diploma
Desired Education: Associates Degree
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.