Sr Mgr Mission Assur EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 162222BR Date posted 06/26/2020 City Saudi Arabia State Huntsville Country AL
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at RMD, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Position: Quality Program Lead
Locations: Huntsville, AL (Year 1) and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Riyadh, (Year 2)
The first year of this position will be domestic as the Lead works with Domestic Sources ensuring process and execution of Product Workflow transition from Domestic to International Sources. The position transfers In-country Saudi Arabia (MOU) in year 2 and will be part of the Program team located in Saudi Arabia where s/he will manage and execute the Localization program Mission Assurance activity including on the job (OTJ) training of a local national Mission Assurance lead. The person will be the primary Mission Assurance interface for the Saudi Arabia customer and Suppliers, ensuring the successful execution of all the Quality and Mission Assurance requirements of the program, and provide oversight and coordination to the in country supplier quality managers supporting program requirements. This is a multi-billion dollar program that includes industrial participation and both co-development and co-production.
This position requires the hired candidate to hold an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (or higher) on Day 1. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and implementing Strategic and Tactical Mission Assurance Plans that will directly affect the programs execution and influence future Localization builds and captures
- Directly interface with External and Internal customers as well as Internal (Other functions) and External (Suppliers) key partners. Establishing effective relationships with internal and external customers ) and the ability to manage across the Globe is vital to the success of this role.
- Responsible for ensuring Product Workflow transition from Domestic to International Sources year and on the job (OTJ) training of a local national MA lead. Transition to The Product workflow readiness includes supplier deliverables such as qualified manufacturing and technical data packages, work Instructions and Tooling.
- Responsible for improving upon entire processes or systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation skills. Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, where information is typically difficult to obtain.
- Will have to influence /direct other MA Senior Managers (Supplier Quality, Engineering Quality) to successfully complete program task.
- Provide direct management and grow a team QPL's over the course of the program. As a membership of the Program Leadership team, the MA lead must also have knowledge and understanding of critical functional areas such as ISC, Engineering, and Production
- Support establishment of sustainment capability to support new Sustainment and Sensor Product Line
- Minimum of 12 years of project lead level experience within the defense industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or equivalent experience
- Position requires a candidate who must be trained/certified/competent in Quality Management Systems (i.e. American Society of Quality Certified Manager of Quality, or equivalent)
- Have significant customer interface management experience (i.e. acquisitioned customers, DCMA).
- Experience in both production and design phases of a program – with hands on experience in a related production discipline in operations, engineering, or quality
- Ability to travel internationally/domestically 25-30% of the time while based out of Huntsville, AL location during initial 12 months of hire date and committed to relocate to for following 12 months to setup localization
- EVMS Certified
- Experience with Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) or similar gate management process
- Experience establishing cost estimates and Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Hands on experience in solving both business and technical problems
- Proven track record of success in international assignments
- Experienced interfacing directly with foreign national customers
- Possess an in-depth understanding of contract flow and compliance
- Works well with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Master’s Degree is a plus
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.