Mgr, Cyber DefenseBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 178099BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/14/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
As a member of Cyber Operations Engineering, you will be part of a team of security engineers with extensive technical experience in enterprise data networks, systems engineering and architecture, security monitoring, capacity planning, and troubleshooting. The team’s primary mission is to support our cyber SOC and incident response teams by delivering critical services. The services include IDS/IPS, SIEM, case management, packet capture, and others.
You will be primarily responsible for the management of our Incident Response Tracking system. In addition to handling the day-to-day administration of the systems, you’ll be working closely with our SOC and CERT teams to identify opportunities for improvement, design and develop new capabilities, and streamline our incident response workflows. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively monitor the service for performance and other issues, and address them in a timely manner while adhering to a strict change management process.
- Interface with members of Cyber Threat Operations to improve system functionality.
- Develop customizations in Perl to extend the platform, and build new capabilities.
- Lead projects to patch, upgrade, and extend the service.
- Create and update system documentation and playbooks.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in related Linux environment and bachelor's or equivalent combination of related work experience and schooling in lieu of degree.
- Experience building, administering, and securing Linux based systems.
- Experience with software development in Perl.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working with web server technologies.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and basic principles of networking (routing and switching).
- Aptitude for troubleshooting, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, within a geographical dispersed team.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Experience working with open-source software based solutions.
- Experience with configuration automation/orchestration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience using Version Control Systems in a team environment (Git, SVN)
- Experience working in VMWare VSphere environments.
- Experience working with Cloud IaaS environments (AWS, Azure).
- Experience working with Splunk.
- Experience administering cyber security tools such as IDS, SIEM, and PCAP
- Experience working on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with security log analysis.
- Information Security and IT certifications: Splunk, GIAC, CISSP, Cisco, Red Hat, AWS, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.