Senior Manager, Modernization Program ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 185037BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/02/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Raytheon’s AN/TPY-2 Radar product line is seeking a Senior Manager, Modernization Program Manager to lead a major upgrade of existing AN/TPY-2 under a foreign military sale program. This Program Manager position will require international travel (up to 25%) and during the implementation phase could require an extended duration on location.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Shaping requirements, the proposal and then day to day execution of the modernization program.
- Managing the technical, cost, schedule performance, risk mitigation, and customer satisfaction.
- Aligning the program teams to priorities and provide clear direction, and will actively manage risk mitigation strategies and capture program opportunities.
- Leading by example and championing program management best practices.
- Producing proposals for new programs and for out-of-scope efforts to the program baseline.
- Collaborating closely with the PM and cross functional teams to ensure flawless program execution.
- Managing proposal negotiations, baseline activities and the modernization efforts.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience
- 4+ years of program management or similar in engineering and / or field operations
- Experience with International customers, both executing programs, and capturing new business
- Experience presenting to customers and senior leadership
- Working knowledge of business and project management tools and processes such as Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), EVMS, Integrated Master Schedule/Integrated Master Plan, Risk Management, Financial Forecasting and Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Must be willing to travel as required both domestically and internationally
- US Citizenship
Qualifications We Value:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, Business and / or other relevant degrees
- Program Management Level 4 or similar Program Management Certification, or ability to obtain associated certification within 6 months
- Experience in working with international programs and performing in a multi-cultural work environment
- Experience with leading and managing a successful, large complex program or equivalent
- Experience in building and leading a multi-disciplined team including members from Engineering, Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, and Quality
- Strong ability to effectively and proactively communicate with internal and external constituencies
- An advanced degree or MBA is desired
- Export/Import (EX/IM) experience on an international program
- Current Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (DoD)
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.