Section LeaderBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177979BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
At Raytheon Technologies Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. Bring your talent and skills to RMD.
The System Integration and Test Directorate (SI&T) is responsible for integration, test and validation activities for RMD programs. SI&T employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. SI&T employees are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of RMD’s most sophisticated systems and technologies. Our System Engineers work with other RMD Engineering disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and verify system requirements in support of final selloff to the customer.
This Section Manager role within the Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation (SITE) Department will be responsible for managing a group of approximately 20 engineers working multiple engineering disciplines and various programs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Executing employee performance assessments, including administration of performance development summaries and associated activities
- Coaching and career development
- Planning and tracking employee task assignments
- Ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures
- Oversight of personnel issue resolution
- Timecard approvals
- Coordination of section meetings
- Support to the Department Manager and Directorate
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Lead by example and align with Raytheon Values and Behaviors.
- Work as a technical lead or individual contributor; Section Leader duties is on an average 10% of the time.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Eight (8) + years overall engineering experience in the operation, test and troubleshooting of complex military systems
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with software/systems integration planning and execution
- Knowledge of the Performance Development Process
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with EVMS (Earned Value Management System or similar budget tracking system)
- Working knowledge with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Experience with Raytheon’s Proposal Capture Process (development of compliant Basis of Estimates, and White Sheet Development)
- Experience with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process
- Experience with the Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System
- Knowledge of business and program improvements through process improvement methodologies
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/security-clearances/177979
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.