Principal Contracts Specialist / Contracts ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 187075BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
We have an exciting opportunity on the Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Contracts' Front End of the Enterprise (FEE) team for either a Principal Contracts Specialist or a Contracts Manager depending on the applicant's skill and abilities.
The FEE Team is a dedicated, shared RMD Contracts resource, focused on providing strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracts and business solutions within the domestic/FMS environment.
A major focus of the position is on providing objective support developing contracting strategies for RFP shaping, Customer engagement, identifying and managing Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) issues, Investment usage (IRAD, Capital, Direct), Proposal writing, and Data Rights assertion strategies. In addition, the position includes conducting educational events to both Contracts and cross-functional audiences. Further, the role includes participation on Pink/Red/Gold Teams and other peer reviews for proposals not directly assigned to.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Help increase RMD’s competitive win rate;
- Improve negotiation results on sole source proposals;
- Build the competency of RMD Contracts’ bench strength at the front end of the business; and
- Provide guidance on how to monetize Intellectual Property.
This position can be a Principal Contracts Specialist or a Contracts Manager based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Law, or another related field. (Higher education may be considered in lieu of 2 yrs of experience)
- 5 years of Contract Management or relevant experience for Principal Contracts Specialist
- 8 years of Contract Management or relevant experience for Contracts Manager
- Possess a “common-body-of knowledge” of contracting [i.e., Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition regulations (DFAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)]
- Contract negotiation experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Active Secret security clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage work load to meet deliverables on time and accurately
- Analytical and solutions development skills
- Proactive approach to work, doesn’t wait to be asked to engage when needed.
- Business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize and articulate risk elements in business transactions with respect to cost management, earned value, funding management, and reporting.
- Experience building and developing effective customer relationships
- Working knowledge of Data Rights and ability to converse on Intellectual Property matters
- Experience managing FMS Contracts and Offset
- Strategic thought leader with ability to create a vision and strategy for programs
- Prior experience leading a team and managing employees
- Uses creativity, innovation, speed and agility for advantage
- Subcontract management experience
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.187075
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.