Mgr II Subcontract ManagementBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 171838BR Date posted 11/17/2020 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
This position has the opportunity to work remote.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense is seeking an experienced Subcontract Manager with a strong background in subcontract solicitation, analysis, creation, negotiation, and execution to join our Integrated Supplier Team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead Subcontract Manager for our strategic supplier, accountable for supplier performance, subcontract administration, and supplier metrics
- Perform procurement and subcontract management functions in support of U.S. Government Prime Contracts and Commercial subcontracts.
- Administer and manage high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts.
- Manage tactical and strategic aspects of subcontract relationship, which includes interface with technical and contract organizations, such as Program Management, Engineering, Quality, and Contracts.
- Issue modifications, solicit Engineering Change Proposals, issue Stop Work Orders and review Prime Contract modifications to include relevant changes in subcontract modifications.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Be the focal point for subcontractor performance. Includes: RFP generation, Review adequacy of requirements flow-down, delivery, payments and all contractual terms; Purchase order Placement and maintenance; Subcontract performance monitoring and completion assessments.
- Perform Price and Cost Analysis
- Communicate clearly, strong writing skills, be proactive in a very fast paced environment, flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility yet be thorough, and drive tasks to completion
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in major subcontract management
- Experience working with FAR/DFARS
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Position may require occasional travel to supplier sites
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Direct experience creating and managing Cost type and Firm Fixed Price subcontracts based on Prime Contract terms and conditions
- Thorough understanding of risk and opportunity identification, mitigation and capture
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers and all levels of management including willingness to interact directly with subcontractors
- Experience as cross functional team member
- Knowledge of import / export regulations (ITAR/EAR) and their implication and application for subcontracts
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Six Sigma and process improvement experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171838
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.