Interactive Electronic Technical Manual) Developer - THAADBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 187979BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/19/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE)is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
Do your strengths include outstanding writing and analytical skills and a track record of success in offering solutions to critical issues? Are you happiest working in a dynamic, change-oriented environment? If the answer is YES, then this opportunity may be just what you’re looking for!
The THAAD IETM (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense Interactive Electronic Technical Manual)Developer is an integral member of the THAAD Radar team working with the customer.
In this role, you’ll focus on the research and development of the Radar Repair Parts and Special Tools List and will develop technical manuals in support of the IETM effort.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with creating and updating Technical Manuals using Arbortext Editor software, in accordance with the MIL-STD-40051.
- Performing formatting, editing, proofreading and quality control functions to produce technical publications in a deadline-driven environment for the THAAD RADAR support of Army customers.
- Collaborating with co-workers, subject matter experts and customers to understand and meet product expectations.
- Managing multiple deadlines and priorities within specified time frames.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree OR 2 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college.
- 2+ years’ experience developing Technical Manuals or Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, or working with engineering on technical drawings, blueprints, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), or design in a military or civilian environment
- Experience with XML or MIL-STD-40051, S1000D or technical publication standards
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience developing Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL) exploded drawings with MIL-STD-40051 and/or S1000D standards.
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator, AutoTrol Technical Illustrator, or other graphics software.
- Strong teaming skills.
- Detail orientation
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team setting and successfully navigate a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Analyst, Engineering Services187979
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.