Eng Logistics Specialist-Javelin ProgramBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 164149BR Date posted 06/30/2020 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
Check us out on YouTube:
At Raytheon Technologies (RTX), we are defining the future of aerospace and defense with ambitious technologies that push the limits of known science. Our technologies help our customers take on the world's biggest challenges. Together we are advancing research and development in both the defense and commercial aerospace sectors.
As part of the Whole Life Engineering Directorate, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon Missiles & Defense is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing excellent talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable, and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, which includes the following disciplines, reliability, system safety and supportability.
The Javelin Program is seeking an Engineering Logistics Specialist, located in Huntsville, AL.
Javelin is the World's most versatile and lethal one-man-portable, anti-tank, guided munition and surveillance weapon system. The Javelin Joint Venture (JJV), a partnership between RTX and Lockheed Martin, makes it. A premier light infantry surveillance and anti-armor weapon system, Javelin provides the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps and numerous international customers a fire-and-forget, medium-range missile. This position will support the Javelin Life Cycle Sustainment Operations Manager.
The Engineering Logistics Specialist will support the JJV program and functionally report to Whole Life Engineering (WLE). The candidate will provide support to the life cycle sustainment team through tasks including, but not limited to, material management, technical manual (TM) management, depot maintenance, field support/ training, and other aspects of Life Cycle Contractor Support (LCCS) involving both domestic and international customers.
Candidate must be available for occasional domestic and international travel.
- US Citizenship
- Current Secret DoD security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional work experience in the defense industry
- Professional work experience training on weapons systems
- Experience in repairing mechanical assemblies
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of SAP/PRISM or equivalent ERP Systems
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Six Sigma Specialist qualification/certification
- Strong written and verbal/oral communications skills
- Ability to conduct briefings with the program office and internal/external customers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, innovative and strategic decision making skills
- Result driven and detail oriented
- Desire to grow into a management role
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.