Cyber Security - Information System Security Officer (ISSO) mid-levelBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177559BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Huntsville State AL Country United States
Cyber Security and Information Assurance (CS/IA) are matters we take very seriously indeed and so do our customers, from global governments to Fortune 500 companies. That’s why they trust us to deliver the end-to-end offensive and defensive solutions that successfully protect them from a wide range of internal and external threats including breach, fraud, theft and sabotage. Our Cybersecurity team in Huntsville, AL, is presently seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join the team. Capped relocation support is available, see below for further details regarding what we offer.
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) designs, develops, and recommends integrated security solutions for multiple classified systems/projects. You will design, develop, and recommend security solutions for platforms with various operating systems. You will collaboratively conduct reviews and technical inspections (as prescribed by the ISSM) to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional. Additionally, you will ensure system security measures comply with multiple regulatory requirements (e.g. NISPOM, JAFAN, DCID/ICD 503, DoD RMF), and accurately assess the impact of modifications, changes, and vulnerabilities for each system where needed.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Analyze and coordinate information assurance requirements for networked and standalone systems within environments of varying complexity levels.
- Creating and maintaining certification and accreditation documentation.
- Coordinate their duties with selected Security, Information Technology, and Project Managers on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain all information assurance documentation (e.g. SSPs, Security Profiles, approvals, etc.) for their assigned areas.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides leadership as necessary.
- Trains and mentors novice and intermediate ISSOs, and provides performance input to managers.
- Interfaces with internal and external Security personnel, customers, management, and U.S. Government representatives where required.
- Performs other IA-related duties as assigned by management on an “as required” basis.
- Travel as needed to other business locations to provide necessary cyber security support.
Important note:Within six months of hire date, you must obtain and maintain a Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level I certification (Security+ or other), if you do not already have this certification.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems Management, Management Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business, Math or other degrees will be considered. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of Cyber / Systems Security work experience PLUS the following:
- Minimum of 4 years of related Cyber / Security / Systems Security experience (12 years without a Bachelor’s degree)
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
- An active and in-scope secret US security clearance
- Experience with any of the following: self-inspections, security control assessments, training, log management systems, automated inventory utilities, auditing, configuration management and/or patching.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with the identification, development, and reporting of IA program performance metrics and oversight of appropriate IA policy, processes and procedures
- Knowledge in UNIX, Linux, Solaris, IRIX, SUSE, and MAC operating systems
- Experience in the execution and management of Information System’s (IS) incident response and administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the Investigations department
- Experience providing technical security expertise and oversight for complex, cross-domain, heterogeneous classified networked environments in collaboration with Customers, the Information Technology (IT) Department and other Raytheon Missiles & Defense Business Units
- Experience with various types of special test equipment (STE)
- Experience working with the customer, both internal and external in the development of Basis of Estimates (BOE's)
- Public speaking experience
- Experience in the oversight and execution of the Assessment & Authorization processes (Certification & Accreditation), as defined in JSIG/RMF/DAAPM
- Experience in executing leadership and managerial duties (i.e. performance development, career coaching, mentoring, training, resource management, budget management, etc.)
- Experience with negotiating controls/requirements with government Contracting Activities
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers (i.e. AOs, DAOs, SCAs, Program Managers, etc.),
- Experience with any of the following: JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, JSIG/RMF, ICD-503 or equivalent requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.