Technical Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 189420BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/05/2021 City Herndon State VA Country United States
The system engineer position involves technical and business activities that centers on all aspects of the infrastructure including architecture, engineering, and design. It requires an experienced, hands-on technical integrator/engineer with a range of experiences including virtualization, datacenter, co-location/Cloud, storage, networking, security, mobile emulation, Windows, and Linux.
Key Traits for Success include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong self-starter
- Motivated, attentive and mission inspired team players
- Drawn to complex tasks and finding creative solutions to overcome obstacles
- Articulate complex analysis verbally and in written communication
- Ability to shift focus quickly, work on multiple tasks concurrently, and excel in high-pressure/high-impact situations
- Ability to research, learn and apply the latest technologies
The system engineer shall meet the following core qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field related to the position (Computer Science, Information/Systems Engineering, or other technical discipline) or 3 years specialized systems, infrastructure, or company architecture equivalency.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in systems or infrastructure integration or engineering (design, development, implementation, management)
- Minimum three (3) years’ systems engineering/administration experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Networks and Networking protocols
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in cloud-based IT systems or hybrid cloud delivery models designing, developing in, or transitioning systems and processes to the cloud
- Minimum of two (2) years operational support
- Experience using Terraform Cloud Infrastructures
- Experience using Ansible to manage configurations
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience designing and developing automation and orchestration services
- Experience designing, installing, operating, and maintaining virtual environments/services to include OS virtualization, VDI, Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and software defined services
- Knowledge of applicable Sponsor network security and technology policies and procedures
- Experience with various scripting languages
- Experience in dash boarding, data visualization, and reporting, to include experience with log management, event correlation, and monitoring technologies such as SolarWinds, Splunk, and Prism
- Experience Microsoft Tools (Powerpoint, Excel, Word Etc)
Must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with poly and be crossover eligible
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.