Sr Principal Field Engineer - SAT TeamBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 165970BR Date posted 08/01/2020 City Herndon State VA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared expert Field Engineer.
As a Field Engineer you must maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications.
Support includes procurement of required equipment or components to support build-out of communications systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization of packages, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of customer system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel on installed packages, test, inspection, verification of all customer communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Experience building, configuring, supporting and deploying tactical packages to the field. Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of tactical communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Knowledge of SIGINT collection equipment and experience with installation.
- Knowledge with wireless technologies to include GSM/CDMA.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
- Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
- Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
- Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Experience conducting site surveys prior to installation activities.
- Ability to interpret drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Possess knowledge and ability to provide training to onsite personnel on developed and installed packages
- Ability to test, inspect and verify all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Current TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly and must be eligible for crossover
- Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
- Experience working in and supporting an Operations Center.
- Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
- Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
- Up to 30% CONUS/OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required based on customer needs
- Weapons Certification Not required for hire, but must be willing and capable of becoming certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
Must have a TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.165970
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.