Senior Network EngineersBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 170896BR Date posted 11/02/2020 City Herndon State VA Country United States
Raytheon has exciting upcoming work supporting the Intelligence Community (IC) and is looking to hire SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEERS to be based in the Northern, VA area. The Senior Network Engineers will be involved with the design, implementation, integration, operation, optimization, and maintenance of heterogeneous, global-scale, unclassified and classified networks. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background and hands-on experience in all aspects of networking engineering, including network security.
Job Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
* Work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-discipline team in support of U.S. Government and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering and communications.
* Help translate networking- and communications-related business requirements into state-of-the-art, secure telecommunications (e.g. LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) solutions. Understands how the overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements add to the complexity of these designs.
* Provide expert knowledge of network infrastructure, including routing, switching, gateways, VPNs, and MPLS networks including Type 1 cryptographic equipment.
* Perform a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies and technology layers (LAN, WAN, OS, IOS, etc.) within a single, enterprise network.
* Evaluate new network technologies (SDN, SD-WAN, etc.) and make recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network infrastructure.
* Develop new network designs and configurations to optimize network performance and interoperability.
* Provide engineering and design support for the creation and deployment of tactical communication systems. Research existing technologies and apply COTS/GOTS systems to develop network infrastructure for voice and data systems, using best practice security methodologies. Integrate system design with network architecture to best meet customer requirements. Test and deploy system designs in tactical CONUS/OCONUS locations.
* Perform post design support to include installation, configuration, and tier IV, O&M support for both enterprise and field deployed systems including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and system level aspects.
* Create simulated networks to test applications over low bandwidth links, troubleshoots network connectivity issues, and install/configure wide area link utilizing radio frequency (RF) communications (i.e. over satellite, cell, and microwave).
* Configure, test, and maintain network infrastructure that connects to enterprise architecture.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance and a current polygraph.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
6-10 years of related experience are required. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with degree concentration in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics are highly preferred. Candidates with a valid HS education with 4-8 years of additional experience may be considered in place of the degree requirement.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.