Radio Communications Technician - SeniorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 184270BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City Herndon State VA Country United States
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Six (6) or more years direct experience with Sponsor tactical communications projects and design including ICOM/Motorola/Harris equipment and its use.
• Direct experience with Sponsor systems including BASIS, GENESIS, approval memos and message preparation.
• Solid background in and understanding of current installation procedures (CIP) and field training of personnel.
• Ability to explain technical procedures and processes and results of site surveys clearly and accurately.
• Excellent knowledge of tactical systems
• Ability to completely understand and respond to customers comprehensive tactical requirements
• Ability to give details to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to adhere to security and safety standards, counter-intelligence and applicable communications policies and procedures
• Knowledge of procurement processes
• Ability to independently perform specialized equipment and system installations, modifications, and upgrades.
• Ability to test, identify, and resolve most tier 1 and tier 2 equipment and system problems
• Willingness to perform extended TDYs in dangerous/hostile environments
• Ability to be medically and administratively cleared for travel
• Ability to successfully qualify for weapons training
• Working knowledge of policies and regulations related to the completion of assigned work
• Ability to excel independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work at heights and successfully complete Fall Protection training.
• Up to 50% travel OCONUS including hazard areas, and 10% travel CONUS, as required and based on customer needs
• Not required, but must be willing and capable of getting weapons certification
• Tower Climbing Certification, Achieve level 1 Sponsor Cert. within 1 year of start date
• Occasional travel within WMA
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience
Must have a TS/SCI security clearance with Current Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.184270
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.