Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179645BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/04/2021 City Herndon State VA Country United States
Seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The role of the ISSE is to bridge the gap between high level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements. Candidates should have in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems and sufficient technical knowledge and experience to implement them. The ISSE will work closely and effectively with the ISSM and Sponsor IT managers on all aspects of their development and implementation programs as they progress through their Agile management processes. The ISSE will provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the development teams as they work towards accreditation and then to keep accredited. The candidate will provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials. Must have a TS/SCI clearance with favorable polygraph. This position is located in the Herndon area.
Mandatory Skills (in order of importance):
1.Experience working with sponsor and providing input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials.
2.Demonstrated on-the-job experience conducting assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503).
3. Demonstrated on- the job- experience evaluating proposed security architectures and designs against security compliance requirements.
4. Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques.
5. Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems.
6. Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques.
7. Experience with using NESSUS and other scanning applications.
8. Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions.
9. Advanced communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team.
10. Must be able to work well with others including educating development teams who may not have the same understanding of security as you do.
11. Intermediate presentation skills: able to interview engineers on technical subject matter as well as brief executive level stakeholders.
Desired Skills (in order of importance):
1. Familiarity with Agile framework.
Certifications (not required but encouraged):
1. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
2. Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP).
3. AWS (Architect, DevOps, Security).
Required Education & Total Years of Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 8 years technical experience (STEM degree desired). Additional technical experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.