DevOps EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182229BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/22/2021 City Herndon State VA Country United States
Raytheon is looking for a solid DevOps candidate. The candidate must have detailed experience with AWS and all of its resources (or least its main ones EC2, S3, and RDS), as well as very familiar with Cloud formation to create and maintain AWS resources. The candidate must also have experience with programming in an Object Oriented Programming language, preferably in Ruby, Python, or NodeJS. The candidate must have experience with using the AWS SDK in any of its supported languages: Ruby, Python, Java, NodeJS, etc. Java experience would be nice, but it is not mandatory. However, this experience will be vital in helping the development teams utilize AWS correctly. This person must be a friendly person willing to help in all cases as well as be familiar with architectural best practices. They must also have experience with Jenkins and building Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy, not just Jenkins Jobs using Bash. If the candidate knows how to create shared Jenkins libraries that is good as well. This is needed for the customers' continuous integration and deployment efforts. The person must also have some familiarity with Puppet to help manage software installations. This person must also have a familiarity with Docker, building and maintaining containers, and some experience with the customer Operating System.
Understanding how to support Mesos/Marathon is not required. However, this candidate needs to have an understanding of Docker Orchestration tools like ECS or Docker Compose. Above all else, the person must be a good team player with an eagerness to learn as well as teach when required. This is not primarily a Sys Admin type position. The infrastructure as code solutions we utilize require a combination of Software Engineering and Systems Administrator skillsets.
• 5 or more years of AWS experience. This includes building AWS resources using Cloud formation and interacting with them as well using AWS SDKs such as Ruby, Python, and Java.
• 5 or more years of Object Oriented Programming background: Ruby, Python, Java, or NodeJS.
• Experience with Jenkins and creating Jenkins Pipelines while having and understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
• At least 1 to 2 years of experience with Docker and some type of container orchestration tool, Docker Compose, ECS.
• Experience with AWS CDK is a plus but not required.
• 5 years of Bash shell scripting experience.
• At least 2 years experience with GitHub and any branching strategy.
• Team player and work well with others regardless of skill levels. This characteristic is key because there are a lot of teams that will need DevOps support and along with that will be a wide range of skill levels.
• Willingness to learn
• Experience with Ruby and Python for scripting.
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with some type of container orchestration tool, preferably Mesos/Marathon or ECS.
• Understanding of customer enterprise operating system and how it functions
• Experience with Puppet for software installation.
• Experience with Java Spring framework to help development teams troubleshoot application issues.
• Experience with SPLUNK and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) for log file monitoring.
• Experience with Jenkins and running as a Jenkins Agent.
• Experience with writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy.
• Experience with Teaching and spreading knowledge across multiple teams.
• Experience with writing Rspecs, Ruby unit test framework.
• Experience with Java build processes using gradle, maven, and ant.
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.