Sr Avionics Foundation Software Engineer (m/w/d)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01409660 Date posted 09/18/2020 City Heidelberg Country Germany
Who we are:
At Collins Aerospace, we work side-by-side with our customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense. We’re combining boundless imagination with a broad portfolio and an unmatched dedication to customers – all to make the skies and spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our site in Heidelberg has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
We have established ourselves as a leading supplier of customized electronics solutions for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace in Heidelberg supplies integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
We are redefining aerospace.
In this role you will be part of a development team for avionic foundation and platform software. The main area we are involved in is the development of avionic computers. We focus mainly on hardware device drivers and board support packages for these computers.
You will be involved in all phases of the development cycle and interact with other software engineers as well as engineers from other disciplines like hardware or FPGA development. From system specification you will write high level software requirements and derive low-level requirements and design. Most of our components will be written in C language where you contribute with safe and secure code. You will be involved in DO-178 verification activities and interact with our test teams.
You will lead the development of an avionic software component or subcomponent. Besides the development tasks you will be involved in financial and schedule planning of this component. Furthermore you support proposals with the design approach and budgetary estimate.
As a Senior Avionics Foundation Software engineer you have a strong background in the area of embedded / low-level software and in real time operating systems. You have practical experience in avionic development projects and are familiar with DO-178 processes.
- Experience in DO178B/C process
- Experience in C or C++ programming language
- Experience in programming of drivers, Built- In Tests (BIT), BSPs and test software
- Knowledge/usage of Real-Time Operating Systems: VxWorks-653 (WindRiver) or INTEGRITY (Greenhills)
- Experience in software development processes (Agile, Waterfall, V-Model)
- Experience in requirements engineering
- Experience in software architecture
- English (fluent)
- Good communication and team work, as much as possible independent work habits
Helpful Related Experience:
- Experience in ADA programming language
- Experience in software testing (unit, integration and acceptance testing)
- Experience with (Linux) kernel development
- Knowledge of electronics hardware
Be part of our Team:
- Join our multicultural team and work with people from different countries
- Flexible working times, opportunity to work in Homeoffice,
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Industry-specific pay
- Company sponsored pension plan
- Corporate health management
- Internal and external training opportunities to promote the continuous learning and development of our employees
- Global career opportunities at over 300 sites worldwide
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms