Training Solution Manager - Dreadnought - ContractBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 170190BR Date posted 10/16/2020 City Harlow Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Flexible – Harlow based with flexible home working
Summary of Role:
Training Services is a strategic business for Raytheon UK. We require a Training Solution Manager who reports to our Training Solution Lead to manage the development of a training solution for the Dreadnought Crew Trainer (DCT) and delivery of the training solution on successful selection.
Raytheon Technologies has significant relevant experience in delivering global learning and training services to industry and defence customers. Raytheon UK is now establishing a defence training business in the UK with UK personnel. This role is high profile within Raytheon UK and will require an individual with acknowledged training credibility with the Royal Navy and industry community.
The Training Solution Manager (Dreadnought) will play a key role in collaboratively working with other members of Raytheon UK, Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) and members of the Fisher Training Consortium in developing a winning training solution proposal and on selection, delivery of the training solution to the customer.
- Provide management and direction during the development of the Raytheon UK, Dreadnought Crew Trainer (DCT) solution.
- Act as the training solution focal point for Raytheon UK, RPS and other Fisher Consortium companies.
- Oversee the analysis and assessment of the Dreadnought TNA requirements presented by Authority.
- Manage the conduct of the training design and development of the DCT solution and proposal.
- Establish and promote relationships with Raytheon training communities and manage training programme design solutions in accordance with the Company’s corporate governance policies, processes and procedures.
- Articulate the proposed training design solutions in documents that enable other Raytheon teams to utilise existing processes, systems and equipment that may be appropriate to form part of the programme design.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of proposed training systems and equipment solutions to determine how the customer’s requirements are best met through an optimised and effective systems approach to training.
- Create programme design solutions meet customer requirements and are compatible with customer provisioned systems and environments.
- Develop training solutions and solve training design challenges in a collaborative manner.
- The Training Solution Manager (DCT) must be able to provide expert guidance on all matters relating to the development and deployment of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant training solutions.
- Ability to write cogently and succinctly necessary to articulate clearly training solutions as part of effective bids.
- Knowledge of UK Defence individual and collective training, including recent experience working with military training customers and the MOD.
- A demonstrable record of developing large-scale DSAT compliant training solutions and identifying where processes and systems can be optimised to improve operational efficiency and training effectiveness.
- Must have strong people and influencing skills that can be applied at all levels in Raytheon, with the customer and collaborators, and industry partners.
- Proven ability to identify and manage training design solutions, business and corporate risks.
- Capable of working within a structured programme and project management process environment.
- Have the ability to manage training solution analysts, designers and other training disciplines, to ensure the successful implementation of training solutions.
- They will ideally be known by and have credibility with Royal Navy, industry counterparts and must also be willing and able to operate at all levels within Raytheon.
- Applies flexibility, imagination, innovation and creative problem solving, taking novel ideas and approaches and putting them into practice
- Uses innovative thinking to identify and develop new approaches to training solution analysis and modelling.
- A detailed understanding of the application of the Training and Financial Management Information System (TAFMIS), Defence Learning Environment (DLE) and other government furnished systems within the Defence training domains.
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience of working on joint Industry/Government projects.
- Has an established network within defence training and education.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant industry experience.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Technologies. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Technologies, with 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join.Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.170190
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.